Ownership and Encumbrances
Ownership and Encumbrance Reports, also known as O&E Reports or Current Owner Search, are a form of property research report that identifies the last recorded owner of a property, a legal description of the property, and open recorded liens that affect the title including mortgages, judgments, lis pendens, etc.
An O&E Report is a simplified non-insurance title report designed for informational purposes only. It does not serve as or replace title insurance. This report is not intended to be used in conjunction with the issuance of a title insurance policy. The O&E report is a view of public records at a specific point in time.
This informational report is frequently used by those in real estate investing or homeowners who want to check open liens existing against a property.
At Property Debt Research we offer three (3) types of O&E Reports for Properties in Florida:
- O&E One Owner Report – This report goes back one owner
- O&E 24 Report – This report goes back one owner and if that owner has held the property for less than 24 months, the report will include all owners in the past 24 months
- O&E 36 Report – Same as the O&E 24 Report except the search goes back 36 months
Our turnaround times for these reports is 24 hours for Florida Properties. This rapid turn time makes the report particularly valuable to real estate investors on a tight schedule or for those involved in real estate auctions. Check pricing for these reports on our Client Portal Order form.
What does the Property Debt Research O&E Report include?
- All mortgages and deeds back to the most recent bona fide sale for current vested owner(s) showing 100% ownership
- Marriage licenses, divorces, death certificates and/or probate records need to complete chain of title (as available through public county records)
- Open voluntary liens for vested owners(s) of the subject property
- Assignments, subordination agreements, and modifications for open voluntary liens
- Open involuntary liens filed against the subject property during the scope of the search
- Open involuntary liens filed against the current vested owner(s), based on state statute
- System or County Effective date of corresponding county
Not Included in O&E Report:
- Delinquent tax information for subject property (as available through county records). Municipal Lien Searches
are not included, but may be ordered as an ancillary report through Property Debt Research – Go to Order Form – Use drop down under Order type.
Outside Florida O&E Reports:
Please contact our Client Relations department for Quotes on O&E Reports outside of Florida:
Call: 877-543-6669 ext. 219